Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ahhhh, Country life

I love living out in the country. When we lived in Loa, it was great having horses and cows for neighbors. I remember one time I was talking on the phone and I looked out the window to see a flock of sheep grazing on my lawn, how cool is that!!! That never happens when we live closer to the city. Occasionally, I might see a group of squirrels, but it's just not the same as a flock of sheep. Friday I was out walking the hills around my house and I saw some large objects coming down the street. As I got closer I realized they were peacocks, yes two male peacocks. I was close to the house so I ran in and got the kids. We watched them walk down the street until they disappeared. A bit later Trent and Rachael joined me as I finished up my miles for the morning. As we were chatting Trent pointed toward a neighbors house....sitting on their porch railing were the peacocks. We waited for a few minutes to see if the people would emerge, but no such luck. I REALLY wanted to catch their expressions as they opened the door and found themselves face to face with my two new friends;)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Brian is on a kick where everytime he leaves the house he counts the different kinds of wildlife he sees. We have never seen any peacocks around these parts. Cool!

    ReplyDelete