Friday, March 6, 2009

Our Trip to Germany

Blogging is a new thing for me, and I'm not really sure how to begin. I started by introducing our family, and now I guess I'll just talk about some of the fun things we've done, and go from there.
Trent travels quite a bit with his job, sometimes for months at a time. When he comes home from a long trip, he and I like to be able to get away for a bit. Last year my parents offered to stay with the kids so we could plan a trip. So, in September we took them up on their offer and went to Germany for 10 days. We worried how the kids would do, especially Rachael. But, we needn't have been concerned, Rachael took to her grandpa fairly quickly and loved being spoiled.
What a gorgeous view!

Our boys love knights and castles. We thought we'd see suits of armor all over the place, but that was not the case. I took this picture on our first day in country thinking it would be the first of many. We never saw another suit of armor, thank goodness I had Trent pose for this picture.

In Heidelberg we took the tram to the top of the mountain. It was a very rainy day, and fairly deserted. That was fine with us, that just meant we got special treatment at the birds of prey sanctuary. We received our own guided tour and took advantage of the opportunity to hold a hawk!

It was hard for us to leave Germany, it is a beautiful country. We also enjoyed all the wonderful foods. It's a good thing we walked for miles every day because we had a hard time passing up the amazing pastries in the many bakeries.
We left the day before Oktoberfest began. My parents were very glad to see us. They love their grandchildren, but are not used to the stressful schedule that comes with raising 6 kids. Thank you so much for taking over the role of mom and dad for a few weeks, Trent and I truly appreciate it. We love you!





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like such a great trip---thanks for sharing it! I love your blog, it makes me feel not so far away:)

    ReplyDelete