Monday, March 23, 2009

You'll have to excuse my bragging

I'm going to take a minute to brag about my oldest, Bryan. Bryan is a very bright boy and excels in most things he does (because he works his fanny off), but he does not, I repeat, does not like sports. Anyway, this is the time of year for the annual stake basketball tournament. Normally, he avoids it like the plague. But, this last weekend Trent and I were out of town and the boys stayed at friends houses. Bryan's friend loves basketball and so Bryan felt obligated to go to the tournament. Saturday Trent and I got home and I took James and a few of his friends to the stake center that evening for a dance. I hadn't seen Bryan yet (he just stayed with his friend all of Saturday). I walked into the stake center and a boy hurries over to me and tells me, "Bryan was on fire!" Then I see the bishop and he basically says the same thing. I hear this several times and finally get the story from my son. He got roped into playing and ended up making several 3 pointers, yes, I said 3 pointers, not just baskets (although he made a few 2 point baskets as well)! He was exhausted and hurting from all the sprinting up and down the court, but just beaming with pride at his accomplishment. It's always so fun to see my kids succeed. Good job Bryan:)

3 comments:

  1. I figure kids do a lot of dumb stuff...if they happen to do something awesome every once in a while, it only makes sense that we as parents should get to brag a little! I think it's great that Bryan scored so many points---just think how incredible he would've done if he'd actually enjoyed playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Bryan! Good job. We sure miss you guys. Thanks for sharing this with us Jenny. It is always good to hear stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, we do need to recognize the good stuff, you know, that whole positive reinforcement thing. Oh, I just looked at Bryan's facebook and his last status was "had a blast playing basketball!" (or something like that) Silly boy;)

    ReplyDelete