Saturday, March 28, 2009

Where is the egg?

I'm sure that Rachael is actually "Supergirl". In the time it took me to answer the telephone she poured a half gallon of milk all over the kitchen floor. She must have super speed or something. Perhaps I should have her race a train or a bullet:)

Earlier today while putting away the chickens and collecting eggs I was reminded of a similar situation on Monday. We were doing the same thing and usually Rachael likes to carry the eggs into the house and put them into the cartons in fridge. This time she handed me one and ordered me into the house to put it away. I thought she was right behind me, but I guess she got sidetracked and never made it inside. When I found her I didn't see the egg. I figured she must have thrown it down the hill into the woods or something, I really didn't think much about it. The next morning I was trying to find something in my purse, and then the mystery of the disappearing egg was solved. I must have left my purse in the car the day before, because nestled between a brush and a diaper was the egg. Thank goodness it was still in tact. As I looked further I found a whole bunch of partially chewed gum all over the rest of the things in my purse. I'm thinking she wanted the egg to keep the gum company. I chucked the egg into the woods and then when Trent saw me trying to clean all the gum off of everything he had quite a laugh. He's lucky I'd already gotten rid of the egg or he may have had it thrown at him.

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture! She looks so sweet trying to clean up the spilled milk...I'm sure she keeps you on your toes:)

    ReplyDelete