Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hibernating Bears

Sunday, after church, Joey came into our room and announced that he was bored. As anyone knows; when one comes home from church, one eats lunch and then takes a nap. Joey said he's too old for a nap and climbed up next to Trent and tried to convince him to play a game or something. Trent told him he's got a great game, Joey stopped him and said, rather loudly, "Not hibernating bears!" (Guess he's pulled that one a few too many times) They compromised and played, 'Let's see who can keep their eyes closed the longest'. Apparently I lost, since I'm the one who took the picture.
As a side note: Joey slept the rest of the day, woke up to use the bathroom and then slept until 7:00 the next morning. I'm guessing our little "hibernating cub" is on a growth spurt.

5 comments:

  1. what a great picture! BTW: that's my all-time favorite game to play on Sunday afternoons, all this time I just didn't know it had a name!!! It's a great name for a great game! thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you are a great blogger. Are you that good at keeping a journal?
    Wish my kids would hibernate on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! I wish my kids would nap on Sunday. I miss the days when we would come home and all take naps. Cute post! You are really good at this blog thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute! Can I use that in one of my stories sometimes, Jenny?

    ~Amy D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all are makin' me blush, thank you. I highly recommend all parents teach their children the 'Hibernating Bears' game. After a few days speculation I realized I lost the game not won as I originally stated, duh;)
    Oh, Laura, I'm horrible at journaling, I'm hoping between this and scrapbooking I'm recording enough of our family memories.
    Miss Lucy (wink, wink) you may use this if you so choose.

    ReplyDelete